This page contains all published products and deliverables that are part of the Housing Element Update process.
Revised Housing Element Available for Review!
The City submitted the Draft Housing Element to the California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) for initial 90-day review on November 1, 2023. Throughout the review period, the Project Team has met with HCD staff regularly to discuss comments and questions and to revise the Housing Element as appropriate for compliance with State law.
The revised Housing Element is available for download using the button below. Revisions to the HCD Draft based on communications with HCD are shown in track changes.
Public Review Draft 2023-2031 Housing Element Update available for review!
We are excited to announce the release of the Public Review Draft 2023-2031 Housing Element.
The purpose of the Housing Element is to identify and analyze existing and projected housing needs in order to preserve, improve, and develop housing for all economic segments of the community. The Housing Element consists of three parts, the Needs Assessment, a Policy Document, and a Fair Housing Analysis.
- The Needs Assessment analyzes existing housing conditions and projected housing needs through 2031, and includes analyses of housing needs and constraints to housing production and an inventory of sites available for residential use.
- The Policy Document includes goals, policies, and programs that respond to the housing needs, constraints, and issues identified in the Needs Assessment and serves as the City’s housing action plan for the next eight years.
- The Fair Housing Analysis identifies fair housing issues in the community and meaningful actions the City can take to overcome these issues.
Public Comments Due by October 13, 2023!
Send us your comments!
Input from the community is critical to the development and refining of the Housing Element Update. The Public Review Draft Housing Element will be available for public comment through October 13, 2023. To comment on the draft, please use the green "comments" button on the right hand side of this page. Comments can also be sent to Cynthia Marsh, City Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newsletter #2: Public Review Draft Housing Element
Please use the button below to download Newsletter #2. The newsletter provides an overview of the Housing Element, including a discussion of the major chapters, and opportunities for public participation.
- What is a Housing Element? (page 1)
- Overview and Remaining Schedule (page 2)
- Housing Element Contents and Public Participation (page 3)
- Existing and Special Needs Housing Assessment (page 4)
- Zoning for a Variety of Housing Types (page 6)
- Constraints (page 8)
- Sites Inventory and Analysis (page 9)
- Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing (page 10)
- Goals, Policies, and Programs (page 11)
- How can you make a difference? (page 12)
Environmental Justice Element: Outreach Materials
The City of Lodi hosted three community outreach events throughout June 2023. A description of each event and the event posters are below.
Event #1: On Monday, June 5th, the City hosted a community workshop at the LOEL Senior Center that included an overview of environmental justice, how environmental justice relates to the General Plan, and opportunities for community members to provide input.
Event #2: On Thursday, June 8th, the City had a booth at the Lodi Farmer's Market where we asked community members what issues they would address if they were "Mayor for the Day".
Event #3: On Thursday, June 29th, the City had a booth at the Lodi Farmer's Market where we presented information on the initial feedback we received from the first two meetings.
Newsletter #1: Housing Element Overview
Newsletter #1 provides an introduction to the Housing Element Update, background information on housing elements and the Regional Housing Needs Allocation (RHNA), and a description of the phases of the project. Click the button below to view and download the Newsletter.
Don't Be Shy, Send us Your Comments!