The Housing Element Update is a pivotal opportunity to address housing issues and plans for increasing housing production in Lodi.
The City of Lodi is currently undertaking a Housing Element Update for the 2023-2031 planning period. The Housing Element Update is a pivotal opportunity to address housing issues and plans for increasing housing production in the City of Lodi. Throughout the Update process, the City and its consultants (Project Team), will work with the public and community stakeholders to evaluate housing issues, constraints, and opportunities and create policies and programs to ensure Lodi is positioned to meet its housing needs.
The success of this planning effort will depend on input from the community to fully identify the city’s needs and expectations for this update. There will be many opportunities to participate in this update process as the project progresses. This website will be your primary source for information related to the project, including project documents, scheduling, and upcoming meetings and community engagement opportunities.
We are excited to announce the release of the Public Review Draft 2023-2031 Housing Element.
The purpose of the Housing Element is to identify and analyze existing and projected housing needs in order to preserve, improve, and develop housing for all economic segments of the community. The Housing Element consists of three parts, the Needs Assessment, a Policy Document, and a Fair Housing Analysis.
- The Needs Assessment analyzes existing housing conditions and projected housing needs through 2031, and includes analyses of housing needs and constraints to housing production and an inventory of sites available for residential use.
- The Policy Document includes goals, policies, and programs that respond to the housing needs, constraints, and issues identified in the Needs Assessment and serves as the City’s housing action plan for the next eight years.
- The Fair Housing Analysis identifies fair housing issues in the community and meaningful actions the City can take to overcome these issues.
Public Comments Due by October 13, 2023!
Send us your comments!
Input from the community is critical to the development and refining of the Housing Element Update. The Public Review Draft Housing Element will be available for public comment through October 13, 2023. To comment on the draft, please use the green "comments" button on the right hand side of this page. Comments can also be sent to Cynthia Marsh, City Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newsletter #2: Public Review Draft Housing Element
Please use the button below to download Newsletter #2. The newsletter provides an overview of the Housing Element, including a discussion of the major chapters, and opportunities for public participation.
- What is a Housing Element? (page 1)
- Overview and Remaining Schedule (page 2)
- Housing Element Contents and Public Participation (page 3)
- Existing and Special Needs Housing Assessment (page 4)
- Zoning for a Variety of Housing Types (page 6)
- Constraints (page 8)
- Sites Inventory and Analysis (page 9)
- Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing (page 10)
- Goals, Policies, and Programs (page 11)
- How can you make a difference? (page 12)
Why Should You Get Involved?
The Housing Element process provides all residents, property owners, and businesses with the chance to help guide the future of housing in the city. A successful Housing Element will reflect the community needs through the year 2031. In order to do this, we need your input!
How to participate?
- Join our email list. Just click the orange “eMail List” button on the top of the screen.
- Send us your thoughts, anytime! Use the green “Comments” button to send us a comment at your convenience.
- Participate in Workshops. Throughout the Update process, the Housing Element Team will host events, online surveys, and more. These will be critical opportunities for you to provide guidance to the Housing Element Team. Please check the website regularly and watch for announcements via the mailing list.
- Review Documents. The Housing Element Team will post all draft documents to the website. Please check the Documents page for all project deliverables and instructions on commenting.